Candle Care + FAQ
What you should know about your Jay & Lynn Co Candle:
- Place your candles in a safe location, away from children, pets, and drafts while lit.
- Do not attempt to move the candle while lit as the jar can be hot to handle.
- Always burn your candle in sight and extinguish with the lid.
Proper Candle Care:
- Before lighting your candle each time. Please make sure to trim the wick to 1/4’. This insures a proper and safe burn.
- Ensure the first burn is for at least 3 hours or until the entire top layer of the wax is liquified. This avoids candle tunneling and allows you to get the most of your candle.
- Please allow proper time for the candle to solidify between burns.
- Discard your candle once the wax reaches 1/2 an inch from the bottom. Burning a candle until there is no more wax is a fire hazard.
- Never burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Jay & Lynn Co handcrafts with natural soy wax and coco aproicot creme wax. Though there is a science to create a perfect candle, Jay & Lynn Co is committed to making products that are vegan, phosphate free, and breathable for customers. With that being acknowledged, please take a look at some of the ”troubleshooting” tips below:
- Know there maybe an uneven, bumpy, crater looking surface after solidifying post burn. This is common in soy wax and does not pose any danger or negatively affect the burn or the fragrance of the candle. Simply relight and burn as normal.
- With travel and fluctuation with temperature, it is common for the wax to expand or shrink. Upon arrival, you candle may have a “”wet spot” where it appears it is not adhere to the glass. This is normal and does not impact the smell or the quality of the candle.
- All of our products are hand crafted, so naturally there is room for error. Though this is rare, you may receive a candle with a crack or a small air bubble. We assure you this small imperfection will not impact the vibrant smell or the quality of the candle.